Heather's Ride July 8, 2018 at Lake Afton
Heather’s Ride is a semi-competitive and non-competitive event that is intended to raise money for Heather’s Camp. These youth benefit from increased self-confidence, new friendships, outdoor adventure, music, fun and laughter while increasing emotional growth and support to their families. Learn more at www.heathersridewichita.com
- 25, 50 or 75 mile routes through scenic south-central Kansas.
- Includes after ride lunch.
- SAG stops with water and snacks, minor repair service, medical assistance, and support vehicles.
- 6:30 a.m. Registration begins for 75 mile ride
- 7:30 a.m. 75 mile ride starts, Registration for 50 mile ride
- 8:00 a.m. 50 mile ride starts, Registration for 25 mile ride
- 8:30 a.m. 25 mile ride starts
- 10:00 a.m. After-ride celebration and lunch
Heather’s Camp is a program devoted to providing a summer camp experience to youth who are vision impaired and blind. Heather’s Camp was founded in 2001 by the Board of Directors of Heather’s Camp, Inc. in conjunction with the Delta Gamma Chapter of Wichita State University to honor the memory of Heather Muller, her love of children and her desire to help those with special needs. Heather’s Camp is a private, non-profit organization, committed to providing visually impaired children an outdoor camping experience whereby they would benefit from increased self-confidence, new friendships, outdoor adventure, music, fun and laughter while increasing emotional growth and support to their families. Activities include:
Arts & Crafts
If you'd like additional information about Heather's Camp please contact Bonnie Cochran, Camp Director by email, or phone email@example.com (316-440-1510) or visit www.heatherscamp.org